Sunday 15 May 2016

One evening near the window on Summer day !!

@5.40pm                                                15/05/'16

Probably as my usual habit, I would take a pen and a notepad to start penning down my thoughts. But thanks to technology which has made the things bit easier than before.

I have heard and read of people sitting near windows or in the attic during summer days and doing their pastime or something which interests them which might be reading books, painting, watching the distant sites, playing with kids, etc etc..
Well, though it is summer days, I don't have vacation as I would have had in schools and colleges. I wish I would have one this time.

Wishes apart, I was going through the chain of memories as I sat by the window during summer days this weekend, watching my sister lying on the bed, fan running at its maximum speed, looking at the maximum possible distant object I could glimpse at.
Memories rolled down through my eyes, how I came to Bangalore and my stay here, the people i met, the steps I took to continue my career, the best and the worst lessons that the city taught me!!

But somewhere at the corner of my heart, I still wonder and ask in astonishment, why do I like this city? What is making me to be at peace though I have no kith and kin known to me in this unknown place?

It's like I am a known constant among the unknown variables. Probably, it might be the love,respect and support from friends and beloved family though they are at far off distance from me makes me strong and stay at peace here Or is it for the reason that I love the people around me? The reason is still an unknown discovery to me.

There is a saying which goes as below,
"Family isn't always the blood. It's the people in your life who wants you in their's. The one who accepts you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what!"

The amount of love and support I have received from my friends wherever I am staying, though few have turned out to be strangers when I needed them the most, leaving them aside, has made me call them as my another FAMILY in Bangalore.

I sometimes, recollect the words from the movie "English Vinglish"-

"Meera ... Kevin ... This marriage is a beautiful thing. It is the most special friendship of two people who are equal.

Life is a long journey. Meera, sometimes you will feel you are less.Kevin, sometimes you will also feel you are less than Meera. Try to help each other to feel equal. It will be nice.

Sometimes married couples don't even know how the other is feeling. So ... how will they help the other? Does it mean the marriage is finished? No. That is the time you have to help yourself.

Nobody can help you better than you. If you do that, you will return back feeling equal. Your friendship will return back. Your life will be beautiful.

Meera ... Kevin ... maybe you're very busy but have [a] family ... son ... daughter. In this big world [it is] your small little world. It will make you feel so good.

Family ... family can never be ... never be ... never be judgmental. Family will never put you down, will never make you feel small. Family is the only one who will never laugh at your weaknesses. Family is the only place where you will always get love and respect."

Though the former part is irrelevant to my context, but the later part is all about it!!

Thanks Bengaluru for introducing me to, and giving me another FAMILY here !! Hope my "Bangalore Days" go well till I am here.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment